Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baby Keag is due Today-We will celebrate with a belated 1 month picture!



ONE MONTH (and 5 days) OLD!!
I tried to be creative and not steal anyone's number ideas, but I will have to reevaluate...the blocks are WAY too small!

I cannot believe a month has past, what a crazy whirlwind it has been!  I apologize it has taken me so long to get a new post published, but well...I have a newborn!  It is surreal to think that he is just due TODAY.  I could only imagine what I would have looked like at this point (EEEEKKK!) and how uncomfortable life would have been and the stories that this delivery would have brought about. We do know it would have to be a C-Section since Cayden had troubles with his little peanut head passing through!  All in all, since everyone is healthy and he is doing great, I wouldn't change anything!  
Once again, I have way too much to post in the past month so I will summarize.  We cannot say enough about the nurses and doctors at Advocate Bromenn.  They were all so great and I felt like I made new friends in some of the nurses, I have missed them since leaving.   Cayden was able to come home nine days after delivery and we were so excited to leave the hospital with him and start our little family.  He came home with a weight of 4 pounds and 11 ounces!

Getting ready to leave the hospital!


First time in the car
We were a little apprehensive about the Cayden/Cooper introduction.  Cooper has known change was in the air for some time, she was just unsure of what it was.  She was a little stressed since I had been gone so long and when we walked in the door she was very excited, but also looked as if she realized what the change was...this little thing was not going away!

Cooper's first glance of her little brother.
The first night we started to get nervous as to how Cooper was going to react.  She had to sleep in her crate as she kept looking into the bassinet and when he would make the slightest noise, she would try to jump in.  She also struggled with the Sleep Sheep and tried to attack it.  After the first night, she has done so much better.  She started worrying about him when he would cry and come to his rescue (quite annoying really, she would start her high hops, get in the way and hit her long nose on dressers, counters, etc).  Now, she just picks up her head and looks annoyed whenever he cries. She has mostly adjusted to the shift of attention, this of course, is taking the longest!

First bedtime at home!






Sleeping has been a challenge.  We have a vampire baby!  But, with tips of friends and finding a glimpse of a schedule, it is getting easier.  I am sure we will turn many more corners as he is at square one with reaching his due date. I am sure we are still in for some interesting days ahead!

First nap with daddy...many, many, MANY more to follow!

First Football Sunday Bears Game (they are undeafeted in his lifetime).

Cooper is still getting attention and getting over "the baby blues".
First Bath-as you can see, he enjoyed it immensely. 

This was a circus...he was crying, we are both working hard to hurry through and Cooper was continuously jumping and whining to see what was going on with him.  Super fun!

Cayden had his newborn visit the day after he came home from the hospital.  He weighed  4 pounds and 13 ounces (we might have not told the doctor he just ate two ounces...we just celebrated in the gain!).  His pediatrician wanted to see him again the week after as he wanted to keep an eye on his weight. His weight at this appointment was 5 pounds and 3 ounces.  At this point, we had clearance to treat him like a newborn since he has done so amazingly well.  Below is his first floor and tummy time.  If you look at his right eye you can also see our first visit to the doctor because of an issue.  He had a infected blocked tear duct.  It took several days, but he is as good as new!


 Cayden enjoys the one on one time with daddy.

But of course, he is very excited to be with me!
Our pediatrician said he would hate tummy time, he seemed to really enjoy it.  His head is already so strong!




I was able to get out for the first time with some friends from work.  I was starting to go a little stir cray being stuck in the house (Cayden cannot be in the general public for three months) and I needed to do something for me.  One of my coworkers got some girls together and we met for dinner, it was so nice of them to do! However, it was hard to leave my little man if only for two hours...going back to work will be very interesting!

Christmas picture outtake...he was SO over pictures.  My friend Kirsten came over the day before and took some awesome pictures of him, I was so impressed! They are the pictures in prior post from Shutterfly. The morning of this picture, we had his newborn pictures taken at Shannon Walton Photography in Washington.  He was spent! So, between this and Cooper in the shot, you will receive a nice Akward Family Photo-Christmas Edition from the Keag's (sent out today with Cayden's announcements).

First Thanksgiving!
So much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  We are continually blessed!  I loved this picture, except Cooper is yawning/doing a velociraptor impression.  We had a nice small gathering at Grandma and Grandpa Shouse's house. 


Just Chillin

We are so lucky to have this happy, healthy little man in our life.  He is such a good boy, he really doesn't cry much and seems to be content.  His one month appointment was November 24th in which he weighed 6 pounds and 4 ounces and was 19.5 inches long.  He is right on target for a newborn, but his percentiles are funny for a 1 month old.  He is in the 5th perctile in weight and length and in the 10th percentile in head circumference (13.5 inches).  He will catch up and surprises me (and his pediatrician) everyday!  Right now he enjoys grunting, squeaking, making sheep noises and curling his legs in by his stomach...quite frightening when you see the vacant legs in his clothes.  He has graduated to newborn diapers and getting the last few wears out of his preemie clothes.

He has had so many visitors and I was going to post pictures with everyone that visited.  Two problems with this...1. I keep forgetting to take pictures when people came over and 2. He has just had too many new friends and family see him.  So I will make a list.  At this point he has met: Aunt Carrie, Grandma and Grandpa Shouse, Grandma and Grandpa Keag, Aunt Amanda and Unlce Nick, Uncle Brandon and his girlfriend Kari, Great Grandma and Grandpa Easton, Great Grandma and Grandpa Ruth, Great Aunt Kim, Auntie Melissa, Kirsten, Stacey, Heidi Kim, Karen and Anna Grotbo, Shawn and Natalie Cook, Kali Fever, Heather Hammond, Jill Prochnow, Mark Elder, Ryan Glassman, Bob Sanchez, Great Uncle Mike, Great Aunt Pam and second cousins Melissa and Casie, Ron Conner, Sarah Holt, Dana Lobb and Lynne Severson. There are many more to come. We are so blessed to have so many friends and family your support and prayers have been invaluable, we couldn't ask for more! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the last picture where he is just chilling out, all I could think of was the song, "I'm to sexy..." Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete