Monday, November 21, 2011

ONE YEAR-Seriously, how did this happen?

I know, I know...this posting is long overdue. But I find it a bit poetic I am getting around to it on his actual due date last year.  We will even say I planned it, yes..thats it!  Anyway, so many posts to add..I am very determined to get caught up in all aspects in our lives and IT.FEELS.GOOD.  However, I have to defend myself by saying I have tried on many occasions to work on this post, spent several cumulative hours on it actually. Every time I tried something was wrong with Blogger.  SO FRUSTRATING!
Anyway, can we believe Cayden is one?  I definitely can't.  He is such a joy and his birthday was so very bitter sweet. Every night, before Ryan and I go to bed, we sneak into Cayden's room and kiss him goodnight with "I Love You"'s and sleeping well wishes.  The night before his birthday, it was done with many tears.  Here is the last glimpse I had of my sweet baby boy before he turned 1.
 I love the little boy he is becoming, so full of happiness and personality.  I have to admit, although it makes me crazy at times, I love his curiosity and busyness. He loves life and I love it! However, I miss my baby as he is a full blown toddler now.  He is into everything! He runs and babbles, says some words, etc.  His 12 month appointment found him to be in the 10th percentile in weight (20.2 pounds) and 25th percentile in height (29.5 inches). 
Our traditional numbered flashcard picture:

Ryan was unfortunately gone on business for Cayden's actual birthday.  We were all very upset we didn't have him around.  It was the first and only time I prayed the trip was unsuccessful enough that he wouldn't continue attending this yearly conference.  Because of his large party the weekend before, we kept our little party of two nice and simple for the actual day.  I luckily had an early dismissal on his birthday so I was able to leave an hour and a half early to play with my baby.  We spent time playing with his new toys and celebrated his birthday with a leftover cupcake and a candle for his birthday song.  He really didn't know what to think of it ( I didn't either, ever try singing, handing a cupcake of fire to your child AND take a picture simultaneously without incident? Not easy!).

However, the cupcake was a huge hit.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE BUG!


We had his bug birthday bash at our house.  It was a great time!  We are so blessed to have so many people love Cayden and take the time out of their busy lives to celebrate in his special day.  We cannot thank our friends and family enough for their daily love and support.
Cayden was quite the party animal with little to no napping for the day, he definitely did not want to miss out on any of the excitement!  Below are the decorations throughout the house (I had so many people ask me where I found specific decorations, I will include the information as I go):

He LOVED the bug paper lanterns.  So much so, we kept one and it is still hanging in his bedroom.  He gets excited about it everyday.
Centerpieces
We had cream cheese mints made by Say It So Sweetly on Etsy. It go to their shop, click here.
Silverware adorned with various bug embellishments
Yummy cupcakes topped with his cute face made by the same lady who made our gender reveal cake.
The Candy Buffet was a huge hit!


We had a banner made with pictures of Cayden from every month.  So very cute as were all the decorations made by Christy Summit from Party People on artfire.com. To access her page, click Here.  She was wonderful to work with and is very talented, she was able to take my vision and run with it!  She did all the centerpieces, banners, candy boxes, etc.  I definitely suggest working with her. 

The party favors were caterpillar crafts made by Smartbottom kids on Etsy.  To access her shop, click here.  The kids loved making the crafts.  The pails were made to hold their candy.

Leah was so proud of her caterpillar.

The cake was done by Jessica Hotz, owner of Tiers Bakery in Normal.  I am so excited to finally have an upscale bakery in our area!!!  You can access her website here.





TIME WITH FAMILY




DINNER TIME!
Cayden's guests enjoying pasta, sandwiches and salad. 
He liked it too.
Maybe a little too much as he was full and tired by cake time. :)
By the first taste of the fondant ball decoration, he was ready to tackle the project!

Apparently cake is better when eaten off the forearm.  Well, that is if your name is Cayden!
I would say he did a very good job!

PRESENT TIME!
I really wish he would have gotten more presents, I feel so badly no one likes to spoil him. GEESH!

He was very ineterested in opening his cards and presents.
He couldn't wait to dig into this one!
Happy boy surrounded in gifts!
He had a wonderful birthday party and slept well in his bug pajamas (his favorite pair!).


I have attached the wonderful wonderful work of Shannon Walton Photography in Washington, IL (access her site Here.)  She did his one year pictures after capturing his beautiful newborn shots.   It's hard to imagine our 5.5 week premature baby going from this (3.5 weeks old here)....
To this....

I got his first birthday outfit from Mama Runs with Scissors on Etsy (shop here)


This year has been the biggest and best blessing of our lives.  Cayden, you are the highlight of our day and light of our life.  There are no words to describe the love we have for you.  We cherish each breath you take and every moment of your life.  We are so lucky God picked us to be your parents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment