It was a total coincidence he was in the same outfit as he was for his one month picture, but it really shows how much he has grown! Although I am just getting this posted, the picture is legitimately his two month picture.
I apologize for taking so long to get this posted, it has just been completely hectic trying to get a schedule down now that I am back to work. I applaud all working moms, as it is a TON of work. How have you ladies not complained and let the rest of us naive souls realize how tough you have it? I am sure we will get it figured out here soon, but in the mean time my mantra is simply survival! However seeing this little face makes it more than worth it everyday!
The first two months have gone by so quickly! On December 28th he had his two month appointment and weighed in at 8.12 pounds and was 21 inches long. Of course his percentiles were adjusted to those of a one month old baby and he is still just a peanut averaging in the 30-40th percentile in his measurements, head circumference being the smallest. His pediatrician is more than happy with his progress and reminds us every visit how lucky we are to see this progression. He has started to socially smile and is beginning to coo, sounding like a monkey. He has discovered his arms and legs and loves to kick and flail around. He is starting to really study objects and enjoys bright colors and LOVES lights (big fan of the Christmas Tree). He has discovered the TV and his first show was the cartoon Frosty the Snowman.
We had a great holiday season filled with many friends and family. We had so many visitors! Cayden was able to meet many of his future friends and potential girlfriends. The Bisbee's came in and we really enjoyed their stay, it is always great to see them. Janna came over with her daughter, Kenleigh, and we had such a fun visit. Janna, Heidi and I were college roommates and after all the shenanigans, it is hard to believe we are all now moms. We wanted to get a picture with the kids, but with two on the move, it makes it more than a little difficult. This was the best we could do!
We spent Christmas Eve with my family in the midst of a snow storm. It was very nice to spend time with my family, but the drive home was tension filled to say the least! Cayden had 5 Christmas outfits and I believe he made a mission to spit up a lot to make it through them all (he was successful!). Carrie bought the onesie below. It reads, All I want for Christmas is my Auntie (Costume change #2).
Annual Sibling Christmas Picture in front of the world's skinniest tree...can you even see it?
Sisters with Cayden
Our first Christmas as a family (we had a better picture, however my mother has a great talent of putting her finger in front of the lens...the best picture was no exception).
We were all very spoiled this year with many gifts. We were already blessed with our little healthy boy, I really didn't need anything else. Although nothing was needed, I must say, I always enjoy finding this bag under the tree (or anywhere for that matter)...
This was by far my favorite gift, a necklace with the letter "C" pendant.
Cayden really raked it in this Christmas. Here he is amongst his loot received Christmas Eve on Christmas Morning.
His Christmas P.J.'s really sums it up!
Love this picture. Although he doesn't really know what is going on, one might think differently given the rotten smile he has on display! Santa was very good to him...he really did make the "nice" list.
Of course Cooper had to get in on the holiday action. Christmas is her favorite holiday as well, she LOVES to open gifts! We have actually created a monster...she has evolved into being in the way of anyone opening a present with her tail wagging furiously.
I had to include the picture below, it just makes me laugh. It took some time to get a relatively decent picture of Cayden and Cooper. Cooper was getting a bit antsy and decided she was done. You can see her pushing off which hit Cayden's boppy and sent him flying. Love the action shot and the look on Cayden's face (disclaimer: he was not hurt in this photo op).
Our filled stockings.
Cayden's first Christmas was definitely white with a total of 5 inches dumped on us Christmas Eve.
Grandma and Grandpa Keag drove down for Christmas day. I am not sure how they managed to fit all of the gifts in their car! We had a nice quiet Christmas, which I loved! The Keag's gave us a very nice camera for Christmas, so I will soon (hopefully) get the knack of taking some good shots!
My friend, Christine, made it down for a day visit with her six month old son, Joey. It was so great of her to take time out of those too few vacation days to come see us. Finally, two stationary babies to photograph!
For New Year's Eve, Ryan and I stayed home with our little man and had a great night. We made our anniversary dinner, Pork Fillets with a Apple Cider Reduction Sauce and Twice Baked Potatoes. We rang in the New Year with champagne and spent a lot of time talking about the highlights of the year and our big plans we have for 2011. We are so grateful for all we have; health, happiness, friends and family. We wish you the best in 2011!

















No comments:
Post a Comment