I can't believe how big he is getting...and SO quickly! We have officially put away all of his newborn clothes as of last week, changed out his paci's and he has been in size 1 diapers for several weeks. He is finally starting to sleep better through the night, getting up just once. He is weighing in a little over ten pounds and eats anywhere from four to five ounces each feeding. I am very much looking forward to his four month appointment to know all of his official stats. He is getting his little personality and is a lot of fun! With this cute personality comes many different looks I have to share:
The "I'm really listening to what you are saying" face.
The "I'm happy and glad you are talking to me" face.
The "I'm kind of concerned about what's going on" face.
The "I'm learning something new" face.
And this....this face is what gets me any time of day or night. The bright eyed, big, gummy smile where his eyes speak more loudly than his facial expression....the "My mommy is the best girl in the world" face. I melt like butter with this, and HE KNOWS IT! This little stinker flashes me this look when he is tired and needs to nap and he knows I will fold like a bad hand of poker each time! I am trying my best to remember we will both be happier if I just put him down...I am a work in progress. Luckily, nighttime is under control but the naps are sort of an issue.
Since I have been back to work I realized how precious the weekends are. I have always loved the weekends, but nothing like I do now. I literally work for the weekends. I can't wait to be home to my boys everyday. I LOVE weekends at home with nothing to do!
We have spent a lot of time watching football (surprise!). Cayden went to his first football Sunday gathering for the Bear's playoff game against the Seahawks. I have to laugh at this picture because 1. we are in a garage watching the game...yes, that is how this family rolls! and 2. It looks like Ryan has antlers.
Last weekend Cayden took his first trip up north. We left a little after 8:00 AM, which I didn't think was too terrible since we planned to leave by 7:00 or 7:30. It amazes me how much we had to pack up for a one night stay, we might as well have rented a U-Haul! He did great, he slept for the trip and we had just enough time before he was due to eat to get to Grandpa and Grandma Keag's. However, we hit some slick spots and got stuck on 55 for an extra hour due to an accident. The poor buddy had to drink ice cold milk in his car seat. Thank God I packed some bottles (see, the just-in-case packing does prove useful).
Once we made it up we visited with the grandparents and then met some friends for lunch. It was great to get together with many friends we don't see often enough. We saw Molly and Elly, Kristy, Meghan, Jesse, Nora and Liam, Uncle Brandon, Tommy and Marc and Kristina. Such a great visit! After lunch, we went down to Brooke and Scott's for Cayden's first night away from home. It was really nice to be there and very fun to watch the big game with a Packer's fan, too bad the end result wasn't better for the Bears! I wish I would have gotten pictures. Brooke and I need an updated picture and it would have been great to get one of Leah and Cayden, but it never happened. We will get 'em next time...pictures and the Packers both!
Today I am home for my second consecutive snow day! Blizzard 2011 definitely lived up to all the hype! The official totals are not in, however, it seems as if we got around 15 inches of snow. Ryan started traveling for work again on Monday and, as my luck would have it, is gone through all of this craziness! To add insult to injury, HE IS IN ORLANDO! I have to admit there were times last night I was scared of a snowstorm. We were fortunate enough to not lose power and we are snowed in, safe and sound. Now, about the four foot drifts in our driveway, how do I get out? I am hoping the neighbors help with the shoveling, otherwise I will be exiting through the back of my house and going through the neighbors house to get to the front. Gotta love it!!!
I hope everyone is at home...safe, sound and warm!!

No comments:
Post a Comment