Tuesday, May 31, 2011

6 AND 7 Months-How time flies!

7 Months-As good  as we were going to get!


6 Months

Ok...So I have really dropped the ball on this whole blogging thing.  I have to admit something.  I always DREAD taking the time to update the posts.  I am sure it's because I wait WAY too long to do it and it just takes so stinking long!  Plus, I haven't really figured out how to work this site and it just frustrates me.  Why can't I put the pictures exactly where I want them?  Why does the text color change automatically?  How do all of you do all this extra cool stuff?  I struggle with the basics...anyway, I digress.  
I am not going to do a lot of writing because there are so many pictures (plus, it has been so long I don't know where to begin).  Cayden has been so fun over the past few months, his personality is in full affect!  He is such a happy little guy and is so flexible.  I think he is (slowly) teaching me to relax.  His six months stats:  He is 26 inches (55% adjusted) 14 lbs 14 oz (20% adjusted) and his little head isn't even on the charts. :)  He started rolling over from back to tummy at 5.5 months and just started to roll from tummy to back (on purpose, he has been doing it in his sleep for some time).  He can somewhat sit up on his own, he seems to have the ability, just not the desire.  He is a very busy baby!  He hates missing out on things and consequently struggles with naps if ANYTHING is going on.  However, he has slept through the night consistently since April 13th (6:30pm-6:15am).  He is still happy even if he is exhausted.  He is LOVING his jumperoo and jumps all.the.time.  So, on with the incredibly long post of pictures:

First Day of Rolling Over (from back to tummy 4.12.11)

Had a long day of rolling and was not up for my picture taking shenanigans

Big boy decided to hold his own bottle!

He loves books...he is clearly studying very intensely.

 Favorite pastime: chewing on his toes!

Favorite Six Month Pictures:





 




 





First time in High Chair (also first Easter)



Easter Sunday-unfortunately we all look great...in three separate pictures. Oh well!

I had a fabulous first Mother's Day.  Ryan agreed to keep the TV off all day, of course the Bull's playoff game that evening had to be an exception, and we spent the entire day as a family.  We went to Brunch at The Parke, where we had our wedding reception and I got gift cards for a pedicure and Moe's (which is a combined event), and The Limited.  I also got a really nice bracelet and a framed picture of buddy  for my office.  I asked Ryan to take some pictures of me with Cayden as I am always the one behind the camera:









Second time of being in the grass.  Finally...a nice day!  Can you tell someone is a little tired?



My dad had a glass of water and let Cayden take a drink.  He was surprisingly good at it so we thought we would try a sippy cup.  He is steadily on the decline with his skills!

Last weekend, we were up north for the annual Vashkelis Avon Walk For Breast Cancer Bean Bag Tournament and stayed with the Jacob's.  I finally got a few pictures of the kiddos.  Leah loves Baby Cayden as she stated quite often. 




Helping Cayden with his paci.  She will be a great big sister..when she gets over the jealousy (yes, Brooke is pregnant with number 2!)!  Mary also announced she is pregnant.  I couldn't be happier for both of them.  I am so excited for more babies in the extended family!!


The 7 month photo shoot went from bad to worse.  The progression pictures are so funny, but this shows where it ended.  

Cayden was playing on his blanket with his toys, so Cooper thought she should join him with hers. :)

I will try to be better about posting.  I will work on doing it more often so it isn't as overwhelming.  I have loved keeping up with everyone here (if you don't have a blog....start one!).  Now that I am off of work for the summer (ahhhh!) I am hoping it will become easier.  I am so glad to have three months to spend with my little man!  Hope everyone is well.  Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment