Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5 Months-Day Late and a Dollar Short!

...story of our lives!  I had GREAT intentions to get this posted a long time ago, however, my spring break did not go as planned.  I had planned to finally upload and order all of his pictures, deep clean the house and spend some much wanted time with my little buddy and friends.  Life had other plans, though, as Cayden came home with a fever from the sitter's on Friday night and ended up with RSV.  I am very thankful he recovered well and was such a little trooper, it was a very scary and long week! He was at the tail end of his illness during this picture, can't really tell he is sick.  What a good boy!  He took his breathing treatments well also:

Poor Buddy :(

Before he got sick he was making such great strides. He was set back for awhile afterward, sleeping being the main issue.  Ryan traveled the week after so we were alone, what a long week!  
 He started using his hands more in the 4th month, noticed more details and showed an interest in toys.  We put together his jumperoo as he LOVES to pull up to stand when held, he is so strong.  Problem...he is a tad too short!


 This didn't stop him from being interested in all the fun in front of him!


Mary and Paul were able to come down for a very quick visit.  Auntie Mary has wanted to meet him so badly and still came although they could only stay for 12 or so hours (hence the early morning picture).  Although it was too short, it was so nice to see them!


  His pediatrician said we could start him on solids at  his four month appointment.  I really wanted to wait until six months, but he was showing signs he was interested. We decided to try some oatmeal.  He was in a great mood when we started...

 ...and he LOVES it! I really wanted to have a messy face shot, but he doesn't really leave any to waste.  I was so impressed how well he did.  He was a pro with the first bite!

Funny story about the above mentioned great mood...this day I met mommy milestone.  It was a very nice day so Ryan and I decided to get him out and run some errands.  Now, I didn't look fabulous, we really hadn't planned to do much, but he was doing so well we decided to push it....really push it.  I had the wonderful idea since he was tired, we could grab lunch.  I knew he would easily fall asleep while we ate. WRONG!  We ordered food and he started getting loud and screamy causing a quite the scene.  Two tables looked on with sympathy and another glared. restless.  This was a stressful situation.  I decided to get my food to go and take him to the car, feed him and wait for Ryan to pack up and take care of the bill.  As I was leaving the waitress looked at me and said, "Hang in there Ma'am". Worst.Phrase.Ever.  I never thought I would hear such words.  I have a mostly easy baby.  I think he is always going to be great and cute and flexible and everyone will adore him, no matter the time or the place.  Until that moment....and I also looked in a mirror. YIKES! Enter my wake up call.
Later that evening I imposed on Kirsten's mother daughter girls night to see our school play (which was amazing, so proud of our talented students).  Grace wanted to hold Cayden, she also decided she wanted her mom to have another baby that evening.  
 We had a week of nice weather and loved the taste of spring (too  bad it was a tease!).  We took Cayden on a few walks and he is a fan of the outdoors.  I guess I still haven't let go of the preemie mindset yet.  I am sure he was sweating being that he had two blankets and a hoodie.  He enjoyed his walk nonetheless. I can't get over how big he looks in his stroller. 

Mel, Cayden's sitter, had a St. Patrick's day party with the kiddos.  She asked they all wear green for the day and Cayden wore the outfit given to him by Grandma and Grandpa Keag.  They made crafts and she sent them home with some other goodies, it was very cute. 




 Starting to become good buds.  Cayden loves to watch Cooper and Cooper likes to nonchalantly do a walk by head licking.

He really studies his toys (this rattle is his favorite!).


Time is going by so quickly.  I cannot believe how fast he is growing and how much he is learning.  He is so fun right now and I love being his mama! 





No comments:

Post a Comment