Yep, I am that bad. It has been almost an entire year since my last post. What a year it has been though. YIKES! Hopefully this quick "reader's digest" version of the past year will help you understand why (yes, it is an excuse...let me go with it!). So much to cover, so little time. Here is a summary of our past year!
I decided we were going to make the most out of Summer 2012 and wow, did I not disappoint. We were completely overbooked and it was exhausting! Here is a little bit of what we did:
| and we can't forget adorable little Hadley |
He also went on his first official date with Ellie, he drove and everything! :)
While we were visiting, we received some terrible news. We lost Gram. What a loss it was. I miss her terribly as she has shaped the person I am today. She was a true example of selfless love, a trait she has passed down to many of us in our family. We were so grateful to know she no longer had to suffer, but it was such a sad time. I miss her dearly everyday.
After an emotional week with the family, Cayden and I went on our yearly trip to Colorado. We were able to meet Baby Quinn and spend time with our dear friends out there. The Green's were in the process of moving to Pennsylvania so it was a bit hectic, but so glad to have the time with Tricia, Carrie and the kids.
Happy Go Lucky Baby Quinn
My happy go lucky little man...growing up so fast!
The best I could get of all the kiddos
Cayden and Cruz became great buddies...it was so fun to watch.
Tricia was very busy with work while we were out there, so one day Cayden and I took a car and went into Denver to the Aquarium. It was so fun and I am so glad we did it. There he experienced his first train ride.
He also got to see more fish!
When we came back we went to Chicago for the fourth of July weekend. Ryan's cousin Jenny came in from Texas with her three boys. We went to Shedd Aquarium...just got a lot time in with the sea life this summer, but had this beautiful view this go round.
The boys had some water fun of their own!
Cayden made a big announcement that we are very excited about and I will another post with all the information regarding this news.
The Bisbee's came into town where Cayden got to reunite with his girl, Ellie. They are not shy to hide their love...
We went to Grady's family park where he experienced his first amusement park rides...some were a hit, some were not his favorite.
Cayden became a very big boy by transitioning to his toddler bed. It was yet another smooth transition. He had adjusted so well to all changes. If only we can get rid of the sleeping pacifier, this is where the battle will make up for all the others!
Cayden's Second Birthday Party!
Cayden's 2nd birthday party was a puppy themed party as he loves all animals, especially dogs!
Sweet Table
He was so happy to have his guests sing to him. Who would have known he was sick and I would have landed in the ER with the flu two days later. Flu was apparently a special take home gift to some of our family.
Cayden's very own puppy cake!
Loved blowing out the candles. I was a bit worried as we never practiced, but he knew what to do. He had me relight them at least three times so he could blow them out again.
2 Year Pictures
Love this shot!
Halloween
We didn't think there was a chance he would actually wear his costume as he ran from me whenever I took it out of the package, however, it was cold outside...totally worked in our favor. He was desperate to be warm, so on it went! We continued our second year tradition of trick or treating with the Knox family.
Cayden's loot. As I mentioned, it was cold out and how much candy does a 2 year old need?
Christmas
I realize that I skipped some holidays, but honestly, not only was a terrible about blogging, I was terrible about taking pictures as well. I hope to get better, just not going to make any promises with all the craziness that will continue to come our way! Anyhow, we had a wonderful holiday season as Cayden really understood the gifts and was very excited about it. We were, of course, on the run for the holiday spreading our time between my family and his making us drive many miles and many trips to Chicago yet again.
We continued our tradition of making goodie trays for our friends and neighbors this year. We made so many trays and put a lot of work into the goods. Everyone loves them so we love to do it!
We also started some new traditions this year including making rice krispie trains...actually we will probably go back to ginger bread houses, but were too late and every store was out of those. We had a very good time with the trains though!
I believe he ate more of the candies than he used to decorate, but isn't that really the point?
On Christmas Eve, Cayden and daddy wrote a note to Santa as well as set out some cookies and milk. He went to see if Santa ate them as soon as he got up the next morning. He was so excited to find he did, as well as left him gifts!
Christmas morning
Christmas evening at Uncle Brandon's
We had a very mild winter yet again, so we didn't have much opportunity to play in the snow. Too bad, because he is a very cute snow bunny!
Always the great helper!
We had quite the party! We have our family tradition of a quiet night in at home. We had a dance party...
decorations,
and an early countdown for Cayden.
We had a great night in together.
For the first time ever, Ryan and I didn't make it to midnight either. Not a good sign in the youngster department. But, with this as my last view glance at my little one for 2012, who cares as the years are blessing us tremendously.
Right after the new year, we went into high gear getting our house ready to put on the market as we were finally in a place to make a move. We filled two storage units, hired a handyman, did a lot of painting and packing and our house is officially listed. Nothing like being in the final trimester of unpredictable pregnancy and putting our house for sale. So far, no luck but we are hopeful things will fall into place when they are supposed to.
Easter
Cayden LOVED coloring eggs. It was his first experience and he was so proud!
He loved his pretty eggs
He picked out his dye kit and it was an excellent choice. He loves stickers and crafts, it was the perfect combination of fun!!!
I always say I host Easter, which means I make reservations and a local restaurant. Both sides of the family came and Cayden was so excited to have both Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa here with him. He also loved his Easter Egg Hunt!
Can't get enough of this adorable face!
Our last family picture of 3
We have been so blessed with our crazy life. We are hoping the rest of year will be filled with more blessings as we journey into new chapters in our lives. I look forward to the next update, hopefully it will not be so far off!




No comments:
Post a Comment