Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Nutshelled Winter & Spring

Sooo...it has obviously been awhile.  I am so far behind I have NO IDEA where to start.  How about the fact that blogger has completely changed since I have last logged on?  I had no idea how to work it before, now I am really lost.  I would hope I could learn some of the fancy things some of you do with your blogs (totally envious), but I seriously don't think I could ever figure it out.  OK, I'll stick to just trying to post once a month! 
So, here's a quick look into the past 6 months. I will not let this happen again. I am ashamed!
15 month stats:  31" (50%) 21 lbs (10%)
 18 month stats: 32.5" (50%) 23 lbs (15%)  His head has not grown and it is now under 2%.  What a little pinhead! :)
The Pediatrician says he is functioning at a 2 year old level.  He is very physical and very verbal.  At 19 months he says around 75 words and is working on sentences.   He likes to feed himself, brush his own teeth, go up and down stairs standing up and just loves to work to be independent.  He still LOVES puppies! He loves to be outdoors and when inside he likes to watch the Fresh Beat Band. He is just a happy and sweet little guy.  I cannot believe how fast the time has flown. 

REWINDING:
Because our winter was so mild, we had only two possibilities to play in the snow.  I really hoped Cayden would like it, but he fell-close to slamming his face on the concrete-and it was over before it began.  I wonder how he could possibly fall?  He had only a few layers on:


  Layer 3: fleece jumpsuit over onesie and Pajamas

 Layer 4:Snowsuit and 3 hats

  Doesn't he remind you of Randy from Christmas Story?

 Only Cuter!

 
We had Christmas Round 2 with the Keag's in February since Ryan's dad was in the hospital over the holidays.  We are missing Jeff and Kelsey, maybe next year we will actually all be together again with the addition of their little one!  Also, we are missing Helena.  She is going to Medical School in Granada and will be back to marry Brett in August. Can't wait to have another little boy and a new member in the family!



Apparently we dropped the ball as they made sure we were still represented in the family Christmas picture last year in our absence.  Sorry guys!

 

Love my sweet boy!

Happy Valentine's Day!


First haircut!  He didn't seem to even notice.

 No worries when Goldfish snacks are involved!

The 2nd haircut wasn't as great.  We saved $15 by not taking him to my salon, but I would pay $50 to not have to go through the chaos and tears a cheap walk in hair cuttery provides.  


Believe it or not, this is Will.  Melissa came for a visit with him.  I cannot believe how fast time goes by!  We don't see this family, just like the rest of our friends, nearly as much as we should.  I really hope to designate more time to friends as time is going by too quickly between our chats and visits.


That being said, Taysha and Nick were in town and they were gracious enough to spare some time in their busy schedule to come by and share Baby Maddox.  He is so sweet and cuddly, I am so grateful we were able to meet him...talk about being great time management! Taysha I have much to learn from you!

Of course, she looks great while doing it all!

Cayden's first Easter Basket from the Easter Bunny.  We went to Swinger's Grille for their Easter Brunch.  It was very good and I believe we have started yet another tradition.  So glad I host Easter every year! :)

He sure loves his Nana and Papa...eventhough Papa struggles a bit with the posed smile.


Handome buddy!

He was so spoiled...as always!

Happy Easter!!


The Easter Bunny brought Cayden a bubble machine. 


I believe it was a hit!


He also brought a playset!  What a good bunny!


Just have to get the Cooper shot

Tricia was able to come back from Colorado and bring the boys with her.  She now is a mother of two!  Whenever she is in town, we get together with Stacey and Karen.  It is so much fun to get together with my four dear friends. Maybe at one time we could have given the girls from Sex in the City a run for the money, but our combined seven kiddos (all 3 and under) give us the run instead.  We still had a great time, however, at Karen's house.  The slide was a huge fan favorite.


Cayden has decided he likes to cuddle again, I can't get enough!

Sweet Baby Quinn

Cayden and Anna...Cayden might give Owen some competition with this girl!

This is the closest I could get to a group shot of the oldest kiddos!

Julia and Quinn: the beginning of a beautiful love story!

Aunt Carrie and Cooper getting a rare cuddle session.  They have a bit of a love/hate relationship. Cooper loves her food, Carrie hates that she ALWAYS steals it.

St. Patricks Day!
He now loves to say "cheese" when the camera comes out.

**Alright, I realize that Spring Break and St. Patrick's Day come before Easter, but lets just imagine this is all in chronological order. Have the vision?  OK. Carrying on...

Ryan and I got away for a long weekend in New York City over Spring Break.  We had such a great time just the two of us.  It was better for us than our Honeymoon as we were truly our own company.  We have always made friends on resorts, in NYC, it was just us.  We went to a taping of Jimmy Fallon.  It was so much fun.  I guess it isn't a secret that I have a bit of a crush on him. He touched my hand, it was exciting!


We stayed at the W Hotel in Midtown.  I loved this area.  We were two blocks from Rockefeller Center and this view is from Top of the Rock.  We heard it was the best in the city and we agree!



We ventured Times Square and to be honest, I am not a huge fan.  It is so dirty and overwhelming.  Apparently I am just a Midtown Girl! :)


We spent an entire afternoon walking, which included a large section of Central Park. What a wonderful city. I can't wait to go back!


We visited Ground Zero, it was as expected.  Completely somber. 

We found St. Paul's Church which put the events of September 11th into heartbreaking perspective. This is the church service men and women gathered for prayer and rest during the devastation. The entire church now serves as a historical monument. Below is one of the many tables of pictures of sent in from loved ones of the lost or perished.


Service men and women sent in badges of support from stations all over the country.




Ryan and I went to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.  It was amazing to this show, let alone in NYC. It was more incredible than I imagined. It was a wonderful trip and I am so thankful Ryan planned this just for me. I am a lucky girl!


We didn't get any pictures from Mother's Day this year. However, here is one from the view of the backseat en route to see Great Grandma Easton and Nana. The day before we went to Springfield to see Grandma Francis and the entire family. We met at a park and Cayden had a good time, he might have lost a battle with a large slide (hence the Band Aid), but he turned out just fine!



Cayden and I went to our first concert together to see Choo Choo Soul.  Brooke and Leah came down to join us.  It was a lot of fun and Cayden seemed to enjoy it.  He was a bit antsy at times, but when they sang and danced, he was totally into it!

 Group Shot Self Portrait. Of course, Brooke and I both forgot our cameras. 

We FINALLY have started our landscaping project.  I am so excited to have the back of the house completed.  Of course we did it all on a 90+ degree day, but it is done and it looks so nice.

BEFORE:
 AFTER:
 I am now home for the summer where Cayden and I plan to have a fun filled, jam packed summer of activities and friends.  We have definitely made some great plans and should be plenty busy.  I promise to post more frequently with all of our fun adventures.  I definitely work for this time off with him.  Who can blame me?  We kicked off Memorial Day with the purchase and set up of a sand and water table...lots of fun to be had here! 
It has been a very busy 2012. I cannot believe we are half way through it already!  Work has kept me completely crazy in all aspects.  I hate to admit it has been all consuming. My vow for next year is to not let this happen again.  I am determined to focus on what matters and that is my family, HANDS DOWN!
**Update on me.  After my last post, I had a lot of people concerned about me and felt sad that I felt the way I did.  I am going to go ahead and call BULL$%#! on you, I KNOW I spoke how many women feel at harder times in life.  Just because I decided to verbalize it does NOT mean I am any worse off than the next.  If anything I felt empowered by it.  Since then I have prioritized my life a bit more and plan to really focus on it this summer.  Have a lost weight and kept it off? No.  But I do vow to work on this and it is always in the back of my mind.  One step at a time.  If only chocolate and salt could start tasting terrible, I would be thin in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment