Monday, July 12, 2010

Blue Skies from here on!

After a LONG four days we are finally able to announce to everyone...Baby Keag is a BOY!!! We had an ultrasound and doctor's appointment last Thursday and found out the great news. We had the technician write the baby's gender in a card and seal it. Ryan orginally didn't want to find out before the baby was born, however, the day we found out he couldn't wait! He wanted to find out during the ultrasound and it was killing him to hold the envelope until we went out for lunch after the appointment.




Everything is looking great! He seems to be very healthy. He is breach at the moment and the placenta is directly in the front of my stomach, so it is padding the kicks a little. I guess I should be happy about that later in pregnancy!


Baby Keag at 19 weeks and 1 day

We were up north this weekend for the festival in Ryan's home town. His cousin Jen, her husband Rodney and their three boys came up from Texas. It was really nice to see them. We went to Brookfield Zoo on Saturday and got to see a lot of our friends that evening. The downside was the full on swollen feet and ankles I still have from the 91 degree heat and being on them all day and night. I am hoping that will go away a little with the summer smolder!

Sunday I was FINALLY able to get together with Molly Kowynia and meet her little cutie, Elly. I wish I would have gotten a picture, she is such a doll and a great little sport. We chatted for two and half hours over lunch and she was so good! On our way home we decided to start our registery at Babies R Us, it was a lot of fun!

Today we had my family over for dinner to make our special announcement. We used a cake to reveal the gender:



Poor Carrie came over last night and was with me all day...I didn't cave! Because of all the special family dietary needs (Carrie doesn't eat red meat, Amanda is gluten free and Mom is allergic to oranges, eggs, oats and barley...so difficult to try to feed the family!), Carrie and I made a special cake for Mom and Amanda:


I realize it is not as pretty as the other, but we were proud of it. It didn't taste good, but what does one really expect with a gluten AND egg free cake?

After putting Carrie through the torture, she was the one to cut the cake and reveal the gender:





We are so glad to finally know and to share the news with all of our family and friends. We can't wait for him to get here! Let the buying begin! :)

1 comment:

  1. just got part of one of your baby gifts in the mail today - so super pumped!

    ReplyDelete