Monday, July 5, 2010

18.5 Weeks

My apologies for the late post we have been VERY busy...it has been great! I couldn't take the baby bump picture at exactly 18 weeks as Ryan was in Denver with work. So, we took it as soon as we could.



Since the last post, we have had some great visits. We went to Omaha to visit Heidi, Jayson and baby Ellie. I couldn't wait to finally meet her!



Cooper enjoyed the visit with her boyfriend, Ralphie, as well.



After Omaha, Carrie (Bowman) Green came in for a visit from Colorado. It was so wonderful having here, we hadn't seen each other in over a year and I have missed her so much! This past weekend, Ryan and I went to the Dave Matthews Concert at Alpine Valley for his birthday. It was a very interesting experience. I have done this before, but not pregnant, sober and 29. I think I am retiring from events such as this. So much fun in its day and now...its just so much! It was still fun and great to spend time with friends, just again...too much. Here we have a picture of me clearly tired and Ryan clearly drunk. We both live to tell.




Along with the growing bump, I have met a few more milestones. I am certain I can now feel the baby! It took several days to really decipher what was truly going on, but I am confident it is Baby Keag in there packing a tiny punch. I have also enjoyed the new cankles (really nervous of where the next 20 weeks are going to take me if I already have this pain) as much as Ryan loves the mood swings!:) I have had some really bizarre dreams as well making it difficult to feel rested. However, they are very entertaining and I should start writing them down. One of them included many obese women sitting in on our gender telling ultrasound to receive free biscuits and gravy and I was hysterical.

Speaking of which, this Thursday we have our next appointment and find out the sex of the baby! I cannot wait, but worried the baby will not cooperate. With as stubborn as Ryan and I are, the odds are against us. Suggestions to get this baby moving? Although we will hopefully know Thursday, we are not making it public until we tell his parents over the weekend and then my family the following Monday. So, I am looking forward to sharing the news next week! Our appointment is at 1:30, so I am not as worried about a free breakfast ruining our private moment. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Drink a soda or juice about 20 min before the appointment, the extra sugar often allows the baby to be awake and moving around. If all else fails, threaten to not leave the exam table until the tech figures it out! Can't wait to find out the gender!!!

    ReplyDelete