It has been almost 4 weeks (sorry, this time I was in Denver during the scheduled photo shoot) since we last took a baby bump picture, so it might have caused a little melt down! It probably didn't help that we were on our way to bed when I remembered we needed a picture and I had been setting up for our second garage sale most of the day making me really tired AND there is not a stitch a make up to be found on my face. This is raw material my friends...I.AM.BRAVE (please sympathize)! I love the author Jen Lancaster. She writes memoirs and her stories sometimes double my own. I know that at least one of my readers loves her as well(I believe I might have four on a good day, so 25% of you understand!). Anyway, in her book Such a Pretty Fat, she decides as she begins her weight loss battle she would document her transformation with pictures instead of getting on the scale. She is a complete narcissist and talks herself up as she prepares to look her best for the picture, completed with her signature pearls. As she downloads the image she continues to feel great about herself, then it pops up on the screen. Her only comment was, "Why in the *%#! is Jabba the Hutt wearing my pearls?!" This, is how I feel. I digress....We have been on the go all month and, at times, it took its toll. However, in the midst of the "going", I went to Colorado and was so glad to spend some time with Tricia and Carrie. It was a much needed trip! I stayed with Tricia and when we are together, all we do is laugh! We went into the mountains, did a ton of shopping, eating and pampering. I had my first prenatal massage and I am now hooked! Here are some of the pictures of our Rocky Mountain trip.




There are so many great pictures, it was so beautiful! I would move out there tomorrow if I could, they live in the most perfect area. She was 39 weeks pregnant when I was there and is currently in labor. Best of luck to the Martin's and I can't wait to see their beautiful baby boy!!
After this weekend we will begin the nursery. I cannot wait! The neighborhood garage sale starts tonight. We have 11 houses participating in our little subdivision and I hope we do well. There are a few things left to buy for the room, but we have our vision. The bedding arrived last week. Here it is:

Also, the furniture is in:

We ordered the Glider and Ottoman on Monday. I am really looking forward to the project ahead!
We have had some milestones recently. Baby Keag is definitely a kicker. I am not sure if my placenta has moved and/or he is just getting stronger, but he kicks all.the.time. I have read babies are supposed to be sleeping 12-14 hours out of the day. I am slightly concerned as I know he is not. Hopefully this isn't an indication of how he will be in the future. If some of you have had experience and this is true...please, don't tell me! Yesterday I felt him roll for the first time, it was very strange. I really want Ryan to feel it and he hasn't yet. I wish he would have been here for the roll, I am confident that would have been felt. However, he does respond to Ryan's voice. Last night Ryan had his hand on my stomach telling him to kick. Every time he said it, he did! It was a very funny and special moment.
sorry it has taken me so long to add a comment!!! I love the JL quote, and I have seen you in person (and you allowed me to touch your belly - thank you!!!) and you are ALL belly and positively adorable. LOVE the bedding - it is classic and subtle and LOVE LOVE LOVE the crib!!! Can't wait to meet this little one and see his precious face!!
ReplyDeleteYou are too sweet! As much as I am not looking forward to going back to school, I am excited about seeing you everyday. I have missed you this summer!
ReplyDelete