Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hello...my name is Sara and I am a hoarder.

I hate knick knacks, I am not sentimental with cards/letters, I do not have every school paper or project I have completed.  I cannot stand clutter.  However, I have to come clean..I am a obsessive compulsive milk hoarder. This comes as no surprise to many of you either because 1. you have talked to me in the last three months or 2. you already knew I had OCD tendencies and it was only a matter of time before I went off the deep end.  Well friends, the time is officially here.  I spend WAY more time than I should worrying about my production, Will I have enough? How will I produce more when he needs more?  I have charted, researched, analyzed, calculated, surveyed, etc.  I.HAVE.A.PROBLEM. 
Here is the kicker.  I pump three times a day at work, I have enough to sustain him now and typically have enough for an additional feeding which is usually frozen.  I have an entire basket and multiple grocery bags in the deep freeze full of overflowing bags.  I also have a drawer in the freezer upstairs occupied with milk.  Usually I post pictures to go along with my entries, I will not because I am thinking pictures of breast milk as being a little odd as well as it would solidify that one of you would be contacting A & E with my story. 
I am sharing this with you because....admitting my problem is half the battle (FYI: I initially and subconsciously wrote bottle, not battle) (if that is not an indication of an issue, I don't know what is!).  I am vowing to work on this.  Worst case scenario: I dry up.  He uses his frozen supply and then he is on formula for a few months.  Life will go on.  I realize this...I will be ok with this.  I am not a crunchy granola mom, I will not even use a Bjorn in fear that I will teeter on the edge of crunchiness. You heard it here friends and hold me to it...I will overcome!  This does not mean I won't continue to happily freeze milk, track how much I am producing and pump to the best of my ability, but I will not let it consume my every moment.  I will be grateful for everyday I can nurse and live in peace knowing I have done my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment